In line with government guidelines we ask that all visitors to the gallery wear face coverings unless exempt, and follow the current guidance on Covid-19.
Hastings Contemporary would like to thank all our visitors for their ongoing cooperation and support.
We are committed to prioritising the safety and comfort of our staff, freelancers, volunteers, members and visitors.
We’re grateful to all our visitors for their co-operation with our safety measures throughout the pandemic. We continue to maintain core COVID-19 safety measures in accordance with industry best practice and guidance issued by the Association of Leading Visitor Attractions (ALVA).
The ongoing safety measures at Hastings Contemporary include:
• The installation of automatic door openers, reducing touch points as well as improving accessibility;
• Encouraging our visitors to book online to guarantee admission to the gallery, enabling us to maintain comfortable social distancing;
• Requiring our visitors and volunteers to wear a face covering indoors (unless exempt);
• Requiring staff and freelancers to wear face coverings in the building, including when working in the office;
• Maintaining an enhanced cleaning regime and providing hand sanitiser throughout the building;
• Retaining the Perspex screens at the front desk for the time being;
• Ensuring that the building is as well-ventilated as possible.