YOUR GALLERY VISIT
Hastings Contemporary has now re-opened to visitors.
Please read this page to ensure you get the most out of your visit.
Tickets must be booked in advance online using the button below.
Tickets are released weekly on Thursdays for the following week. All visitors, including Hastings Contemporary members, must book in advance. Please ensure you have a ticket booked before arriving at the gallery.
Gallery admission does not guarantee a table at our café Boatyard and at busy times you may be turned away. You can reserve a table at Boatyard here boatyardhastings.com. Please ensure you have booked a gallery ticket before making a reservation with Boatyard.
Here is everything you need to know about your visit.
Friday – Sunday: 11am – 4pm
Galleries, Boatyard and shop OPEN. Tickets must be booked in advance.
Tuesday – Thursday: CLOSED
Boatyard and the gallery shop will also be open on Mondays 11 am – 4 pm and on Saturday evenings 5:30 pm – 10 pm. Please note that the exhibition spaces will be closed at these times. Booking for Boatyard is advised to avoid disappointment. Make your reservation via the Boatyard website here: boatyardhastings.com
All visitors, including members, must book tickets in advance.
- Please book one ticket per person, including free tickets for members and children.
- Tickets are timed, with 30-minute arrival increments. Please arrive within your 30-minute arrival window – for example, if you have booked for 12.30, you should arrive between 12.30 and 13.00. Please do not arrive early. If you arrive early you may be unable to enter until your booked entry time. If you arrive after your 30-minute window ends, we cannot guarantee that you will be allowed to enter the gallery.
- Please ensure that you have booked your ticket before you arrive at Hastings Contemporary. While walk-in spaces may be available at times, we cannot guarantee it and you may be turned away.
- You may be asked to queue outside, so please be prepared for inclement weather.
- If you do not have access to the internet, please call us on 01424 728377. Please do not telephone to book tickets if you have internet access.
- If you wish to visit Boatyard café during your visit, we encourage you do so at the end of your visit. It is advisable to book in advance on the Boatyard website boatyardhastings.com
- If you have a complimentary ticket, please book a member ticket and ensure you bring the complimentary ticket with you on your visit.
- If you are a gallery member whose membership entitles you to bring a free carer, please book a member ticket for your carer.
Please note that re-admittance to the gallery is not permitted.
- We invite visitors to sanitise their hands at the entrance to the building. There are hand sanitiser stations throughout the building and touch points have been minimised.
- We have made changes to the availability of our visitor toilets in order to maintain social distancing, with the ladies’ and accessible toilets on the ground floor and unisex toilets and baby changing on the first floor.
- Windows and doors will be open for fresh air circulation and our air intake systems have been adapted to take in constant fresh air. You may find the gallery cooler than usual.
- Do not come to the gallery if you, or someone you live with, are experiencing any symptoms of coronavirus, or if during the last 14 days you have had contact with anyone who has the virus.
- There is a marked one-way system within the building. Please read and comply with gallery signage.
- Where possible, please maintain social distancing of 2 metres.
- At busy times you may be asked to wait before entering some gallery rooms.
- Face coverings must be worn in the galleries and shop. You can find out more about the current face covering regulations in the UK here https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own
- Our lift is available for use, with capacity limited to one person, one household or one ‘bubble’.
- If you need to borrow a wheelchair for the duration of your visit, please let us know when you book your ticket, by emailing email@example.com
- Gallery seating has been reduced for hygiene reasons. Portable stools will be available.
- Large print labels are available – please ask at the front desk.
- If you have any specific accessibility requirements or questions, please let us know when you book your ticket, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our coat rail and lockers are unavailable for the time being.
- We cannot store bags, folding bicycles or any other items at the front desk.
- Buggies, prams and children’s scooters may be stored in the gallery – please ask at the front desk for assistance.
- Bicycle racks are available on The Stade near the public toilets.
We look forward to welcoming you to Hastings Contemporary.