Hastings Contemporary is delighted to announce that we have been awarded a grant from the second round of the government’s Culture Recovery Fund to help us recover and reopen.

The second round of awards, made on Friday 2 April, is from a £400 million pot which was held back last year to ensure that the Culture Recovery Fund could continue to help organisations in need as the public health picture changed, and is a much-needed helping hand for organisations after months of closures.

Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden said:

“Our record-breaking Culture Recovery Fund has already helped thousands of culture and heritage organisations across the country survive the biggest crisis they’ve ever faced.

“Now we’re staying by their side as they prepare to welcome the public back through their doors – helping our cultural gems plan for reopening and thrive in the better times ahead.”

Hastings Contemporary Director Liz Gilmore said:

“The news that Hastings Contemporary has been awarded a second significant grant from the government’s Culture Recovery Fund is a fabulous encouragement for the town and for the whole region.

“We are therefore thrilled to be able to reopen on 27 May with our flagship exhibitions Seaside Modern and a slightly refreshed We Live in Worrying Times, which includes an inspiring new body of work by Sir Quentin Blake called Hand in Hand.

“We are and continue to be determined to support the cultural recovery nationally and the economy and tourism locally.”

#HereForCulture

image © Pete Jones

For more information on the Culture Recovery Fund please click here